Copious amounts of watery transparent wet paint, controlled gravity, heat, and oxygen do the drying work on each color application. Sometimes this act is spontaneous and many times ridiculously strategic. Can you guess which one is the most successful? The paint dries painfully slow between layers. What to do while it dries?
- Try very hard to get into Zen mode, and just be patient. How hard is that?
- Try to have several pieces going simultaneously but a very limited brain has trouble concentrating on each individual process and idea simultaneously.
- Try to have patience. Oops, scratch that…never works.
- Use the time for reading and research. Maybe.
- On the best days, do a little gardening, but that takes a whole other mindset and usually it is one or the other.
- Listen to NPR and clean up.
- Run errands.
- Do something else entirely unrelated.
Painting is always experimental and involves alchemy and is many times a joke on me. When it works it is euphoric.